Home Inspection Consultation
Consultation services are designed to save the client money. They are not designed to
take the place of a standard home inspection. The primary purpose of a pre-listing or
pre-offer inspection is to give the client an informed advantage when listing or
purchasing a home.
Whether you are considering a pre-listing or pre-offer consultation there are several
things that need to be considered:
- THIS IS A CONSULTATION, NOT A HOME INSPECTION; NO WRITTEN REPORT WILL BE PROVIDED.
- The client or agent of the client MUST be present during the consultation. (required)
- The client or agent take notes regarding specific items during the consultation. (recommended)
- The client or agent takes photos of any areas of concern. (recommended)
INHI offers this preliminary, information-only home inspection for the purpose of evaluating
a home's major systems and any potential issues, giving home buyers the information to make an
informed decision on whether to place an offer on a property. Pre-offer home consultations
take up to 2 hours and are a valuable option in time-sensitive situations.
- The client must confirm that the "Pre-offer Consultation" is conducted prior to the mutual acceptance of an offer.
- The pre-offer consultation is a visual, non-evasive inspection of major components and systems verbally reporting on their current condition and potential issues.
- Attics and crawlspaces will not be traversed. Readily accessible panels MAY not be removed and the use of tools or testing equipment MAY not be utilized.
- Investigation of discovered issues may not be as thorough as a standard home inspection.
- The pre-offer consultation is a limited "walk through" inspection and in no way replaces a standard home inspection.
Home Inspectors work for their client - nearly 90% of the time this is the buyer.
A pre-listing consultation is a service INHI offers to help the seller prepare the home to be sold before listing it on the market.
The main objective of a pre-listing consultation services are as follows:
- Perform a visual inspection of major systems to check for maintenance issues or defects.
- Explain to the seller what the issues are and how they can be corrected.
- Provide the seller with the information needed to make their house more appealing at minimal expense.
The cost of a Pre-listing inspection consultation is about a third of what a normal home inspection would cost and typically takes about two hours.
Top of page
© 2011-2017 LazrWeb all rights reserved